Did you know that we raise only 65 percent of our annual operating budget through ticket sales?                                      Donate Now! 

As a community theatre we want everyone to be able to afford to come see our shows and take our classes.

The Waukesha Civic Theatre depends on community contributions to raise the remaining 35% needed to keep the theatre open. Please help keep affordable, high-quality live theatre and arts education programs in downtown Waukesha. There are many ways that you can make a tax-deductible donation to support the Waukesha Civic Theatre.


Amazon Smile

If you shop at Amazon, go to and select the Waukesha Civic Theatre, Inc. as your charity. Amazon will donate 0.05% of every sale to WCT!



Wish List

  • Moving Lighting instruments for theatre
  • Light board for Mainstage
  • New computers for Admin staff, box office and volunteers
  • Full-size Surface tablets
  • Curtains for studio mirror
  • Curtains for studio temporary dressing rooms
  • Video system for Mainstage and studio to play in Green Room, MAD Office, and Box Office
  • Small Dorm Refrigerator
  • Full Size Refrigerator
  • Two flat screen monitors for lobby display
  • Curtains for Window Display
  • Free Little Library box for the back garden
  • Small clear plastic containers with lids (7 quart)
  • Large clear plastic containers with lids (64 quart)
  • External doors (Main St. & Riverfront St.)


For other giving options, you can check out our Amazon wish list as well.


Please Consider Giving ...

     * A gift to our Operating Fund

     * A matching gift through local sponsoring business employers

     * A gift that will last a lifetime through your Will or Estate Planning

     * A gift by donation to CARS

     * A gift by shopping through Amazon Smile

     * A gift by purchasing something on our Amazon Wish List

     * Choose WCT as your Thrivent Choice charitable organization

     * Become a Sponsor of outstanding performances and educational programs


Donate Your Vehicle to Support the Theatre


You can support the Waukesha Civic Theatre by donating your used vehicle—car, truck, RV, boat, or motorcycle—and enjoy a tax deduction as long as your vehicle is worth more than $500. It's easy, convenient, and pick-up is free.


To learn more, simply visit the website of our partner, Charitable Auto Resources. If you’re ready to donate now, please fill out the form below or call them toll-free at (877) 537-5277 to speak to a Vehicle Donation Representative, who will explain the program, schedule a pickup that's convenient for you, and provide a confirmation of your donation.


If the gross proceeds from the sale of your donated vehicle are $500 or more, and if you provide your Social Security number to a Representative at the time of your donation, you will also receive an IRS tax form 1098C stating the sale price of the vehicle. This amount is what you actually claim on the itemized tax return. According to the tax law effective January 1, 2005, if the claimed value of the donated vehicle exceeds $500, the taxpayer is limited to the gross proceeds of the sale.


Car Donation Form


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)


What are the benefits of donating my car to Waukesha Civic Theatre?

Waukesha Civic Theatre benefits by receiving cash donations to fund new and existing programs. You benefit by being able to reduce your taxable income when taxes are itemized. Plus you avoid the costs associated with selling your car. No need to pay for advertising, no loss of privacy and possible security risk, and no need to pay for vehicle registration, insurance, and repairs to keep your car in running condition while you wait for a buyer.


Does my car have to be running to donate it?

No. In some cases we can take your car, running or not. However, it must have an engine and be tow-able. Contact a representative at (877) 537-5277 to find out if your vehicle qualities for pick-up.


Do you only accept cars for donation?

Many types of motor vehicles are accepted including boats, motorcycles, trucks, and cars, motor-homes, and airplanes. If you are uncertain as to whether or not your vehicle is eligible, please contact the vehicle donation program toll free at (877) 537-5277.


How long will it take to pick up my vehicle?

In some cases, if we receive your call early in the day, a same-day pick can be available. A tow company will contact you within two to three business days. Call our representatives at (877) 537-5277.


Do I have to be with the vehicle at the time of pick-up?

No. Special arrangements can be made by calling our representatives.


What paperwork do I need?

The only paperwork needed is a signed, clear title. Have your title with you when you call-in your donation. [Please note: a clear title indicates the title is in the name of the donor without a lien].


Do l need a smog certificate in order to donate my car?

For states that require smog certificates or safety inspections, you may donate your vehicle without these documents.


What if l receive legal notices?

In the rare event that you receive any notification of a lien sale, DMV action, or other activity related to your donated vehicle, please contact us at (877) 537-5277 immediately for assistance.


Tax Questions


How does the new law effect my tax deduction?

You will receive IRS Form 1098-C, Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes if the proceeds from the sale exceed $500, stating the amount of the gross proceeds from the sale of the donated vehicle.


Will I get a tax receipt for my donation?

Yes, you will receive an IRS Form 1098-C in the event that the sale of the vehicle exceeds $500. If the vehicle does not exceed $500, the thank you letter that you will receive can be used as a tax receipt.


What can I claim as a deduction?

According to the tax law effective January 1, 2005, if the claimed value of the donated vehicle exceeds $500, the taxpayer is limited to the gross proceeds of the sale. An IRS Form 1098-C, "Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes" will be mailed to you within 30 days of the sale stating the amount of gross proceeds received from your car, provided your vehicle sold for more than $500 and you have submitted your social security number. This will be your tax receipt for your charitable contribution.


How is the value determined on the vehicle donated?

The value is determined by the gross proceeds raised from the sale of the donated vehicle.


What if my car is valued over $5000?

Effective January 1, 2005, you are no longer required to have vehicles appraised. The value you may claim will be the amount of gross proceeds received from your vehicle.