Ways You Can Give
When you reach out to provide an annual gift, you are helping us provide theatre entertainment and educaiton to our community. Waukesha Civic Theatre receives several annual gifts which are applied to the Annual Operating Fund unless otherwise allocated by the donor.
You can provide your annual gift each year or you can plan a five-year commitment to contribute $5,000 annually to receive the Friends of WCT Benefits, which includes tickets to events and use of space as a rental, and more. Reach out to schedule your tax-deductible contribution.
Employee Donation Match
Several corporate employers including GE and We Energies provide their employees with a matching donation to the non-profit of their choice. When you make your donation to Waukesha Civic Theatre and notify your employer, they will send us a matching contribution. We cannot thank you enough for supporting WCT.
The Waukesha Civic Theatre depends on community contributions in order to provide quality live entertainment and theatre education to our community. When you contribute to the Annual Operating Fund, you support the day-to-day operations of the theatre as well as the needs of each production.
- The average production expenses of a non-musical Mainstage Play are $10,000 – $12,000.
- The average expense of producing a Mainstage Musical is $30,000 – $40,000.
We are working diligently toward fiscal health, so that we can grow into a bigger and brighter future.
- $10,000 Staffs a Mainstage musical production or prints our season brochures.
- $5,000 Sponsors the annual PIX Fix Film Series or staffs a musical orchestra.
- $1,000 Builds a Mainstage play set or provides theatrical lighting lamps for a season of shows.
- $500 Provides tuition to a summer Academy camp student.
- $100 Stocks batteries for one weekend of a musical.
- $50 Compensates a rental lighting and sound technician.
- $25 Buys a roll of glow tape.
Waukesha Civic Theatre’s CURTAIN CALL CLUB was established to recognize those who have made an estate or planned gift to Waukesha Civic Theatre and will make a significant contribution to the long-term viability and sustainability of our company. Gifts can be made through bequests, life insurance, IRAs, or other planned giving arrangements, and may provide financial benefits to you as well. By arranging for a planned gift of any size or type, you translate your love of great theater into a legacy of support that will ensure Waukesha Civic Theatre continues to entertain, engage, enrich, and challenge the whole community for generations to come. When you include us in your planned giving please inform us so that you can be recognized among the many who have supported WCT.
Here are some examples of bequest language for you to use while preparing your planned giving.
A residual bequest comes to us after your estate expenses and specific bequests are paid.
“I give and devise to Waukesha Civic Theatre, located in Waukesha, WI, all (or state a percentage) of the rest, residue and remainder of my estate, both real and personal, to be used for its general support (or for the support of a specific affiliate, fund or program).”
Naming Waukesha Civic Theatre as a beneficiary of a specific amount from your estate is easy.
“I give and devise to Waukesha Civic Theatre, located in Waukesha, WI., the sum of $___________ to be used for its general support (or for the support of a specific fund or program).”
Waukesha Civic Theatre can be named as a contingent beneficiary in your will or personal trust if one or more of your specific bequests cannot be fulfilled.
“If (insert name) is not living at the time of my demise, I give and devise to Waukesha Civic Theatre, the sum of $ _______ (or all or a percentage of the residue of my estate) to be used for its general support (or for the support of a specific fund or program).”
Thank you to the Waukesha Civic Theatre Curtain Call Club
Other Ways to Give
- Sponsor a Mainstage Production and be a featured family throughout the season.
- Make a donation directed toward the WCT Academy Program
- Sponsor a school outreach – each school outreach program costs from $2,500 – $5,000 and you can help make this more accessible to schools in our community through your sponsorship.
- Sponsor an outreach program which are free to students: ACT Live ($1,500), Academy Boot Camp ($4,000)
- Sponsor a special event at WCT: Academy Walk Run, PIX Flix Series, Farmers Market, Friday Night Live, The Annual Gala or the Waukesha Reads Keynote.