POSITION FILLED - Director of Community Engagement
Position Title: Director of Community Engagement
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Volunteer Coordinators and Volunteers
Hours: Full time, 52 weeks per year,
Schedule: 35 Hours per week hybrid: In-person 20-25 hours/wfh 10-15 hours per week
Salary Range: $30,000 – $32,000
Waukesha Civic Theatre seeks a motivated and upbeat individual with excellent organizational and communication skills, social media experience, and a willingness to get their hands dirty. We are thrilled to create a role in our organization that builds relationships with our volunteers and community and then tells the story of the people involved, using social media and email marketing tools.
The Director of Community Engagement Responsibilities:
Volunteer Focused Projects (approximately 20 hours per week)
- Build the Team – Nurture a team of volunteers who feel connected, appreciated, and well utilized. Create experiences at the theatre and plan off-site social activities.
- Organize and Manage the Team – Plan and host weekly and monthly volunteer events in collaboration with the shop coordinators, meeting the needs of the theatre, while utilizing the gifts of our volunteers.
- Celebrate the Team – Plan and execute the annual volunteer appreciation awards evening and reception.
- Archive the Experiences – Collect and share volunteer history and communicate that history to help tell our story.
Marketing Focused Projects (approximately 15 hours per week)
- Social Media – Tell the story of the theatre by connecting what is going on on stage and behind the scenes with what is going on in our communities in the following ways:
- Create content for Facebook and Instagram using Canva Pro.
- Start and manage a WCT TikTok account.
- Build events on social media and boost at the appropriate time.
- Post in the Facebook volunteer group at least once per week.
- Email Communication – Manage the theatre’s monthly newsletter, monthly school newsletter, and communicate with a monthly volunteer email.
- Website Communication – Update website regularly, adding show and cast information as it becomes available, and build events as they are published.
- Outreach Communication – Assist Outreach programs to book shows at local establishments, follow-up after their experience and nurture relationships. Connect with volunteer Outreach groups to tell their story and connect them with WCT.
- Print Marketing Communication – Distribute print materials to the WCT team and the community.
This position includes collaborating to build a marketing plan and budget, but does not involve creating season graphics, radio, print graphics, or digital ads. The ED oversees all graphics, season style, and branding.
- An existing presence on social media
- Proficiency in Google Drive, Google Sharing, Gmail
- Design experience and layout sensibilities – Canva Pro
- Experience in theatre preferred but not required
- Experience in retail or sales appreciated
- Website design/updating experience appreciated
The Core Values of a WCT Staff Member are:
If you feel as if you would be a great fit for our team, please apply.
Waukesha Civic Theatre is committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment and staff and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. WCT does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, expression of gender or sexual orientation, age, religion, ancestry, disability, marital status, or arrest and court records.
How to Apply:
This position has been filled.
Box Office Event Staff
Event Staff is our front of house hospitality, taking care of our guests in the Box Office, in House Management, and at the Bar, ensuring a quality guest experience for Waukesha Civic Theatre’s patrons.
Click below to learn more about this fun and flexible position! Interested in joining our team? Email us at email@example.com to apply.
Job Description HERE
Download an application HERE