Throughout the pandemic, Waukesha Civic Theatre has worked to follow the CDC and WI guidelines to ensure implementation of all the necessary safety precautions to help protect our team members and patrons, and this continues to be our top priority.
Effective September 15, 2021, WCT’s COVID safety protocols will be updated as follows:
- Fully vaccinated team members and visitors will not be required to wear a mask at WCT. The CDC defines “fully vaccinated” as being two weeks after either the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine. It should be noted that the CDC recommends all individuals to wear masks in indoor areas with high risk of exposure.
- WCT requests that unvaccinated team members and visitors continue to wear a mask at the theatre, consistent with current CDC guidelines.
- WCT will be requiring proof of vaccination status for staff and casts.
- Team members and visitors who are fully vaccinated, but who feel more comfortable wearing a mask in public settings, are encouraged to continue to do so.
Updated Covid-19 Procedures
WCT no longer has a mask mandate, but we encourage our patrons to learn about the CDC’s recommendations.
The CDC’s recommendation is:
- People, including children older than 2, should wear a mask in indoor public places if they are:
- Not fully vaccinated
- Fully vaccinated and in an area with substantial or high transmission
- Fully vaccinated and with weakened immune systems
- In general, you do not need to wear a mask in outdoor settings.
Patrons are instructed to stay home if not feeling well. Please take care of one another.
Doors to building will open 45 minutes before show starts. We encourage all patrons to use hand sanitizer provided by the theatre upon entrance.
Patrons will find social distance markings in lobby and hallways – these are now a suggestion, not a requirement.
Coat check will not be available, please bring personal items into the theatre.
Ushers will continue contactless ticket protocol, utilizing wall-mounted seating charts.
Programs will continue to be recyclable but not reusable.
High-touch surfaces including armrests and door handles will continue to be cleaned on a regular basis with approved disinfectant.
Pre-show and post-show lobby gatherings will be limited to 10 minutes, to allow Event Staff to begin cleaning practices.
Additional guidelines may be added or removed as the situation evolves.Find out More