Throughout the pandemic, Waukesha Civic Theatre has worked to follow the CDC and WI guidelines to ensure implementation of all the necessary safety precautions to help protect our team members and patrons, and this continues to be our top priority.
Effective May 25, 2021, WCT’s COVID safety protocols will be updated as follows:
- Fully vaccinated team members and visitors will not be required to wear a mask at WCT. The CDC defines “fully vaccinated” as being two weeks after either the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- WCT requests that unvaccinated team members and visitors continue to wear a mask at the theatre, consistent with current CDC guidelines.
- WCT will not be inquiring as to individuals’ vaccination status.
- Team members and visitors who are fully vaccinated, but who feel more comfortable wearing a mask in public settings, are encouraged to continue to do so.
CDC Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People
The following recommendations apply to non-healthcare settings. For related information for healthcare settings, visit Updated Healthcare Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations in Response to COVID-19 Vaccination.
Fully vaccinated people can:
- Resume activities without wearing masks or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.
- Resume domestic travel and refrain from testing before or after travel or self-quarantine after travel
- Refrain from testing before leaving the United States for international travel (unless required by the destination) and refrain from self-quarantine after arriving back in the United States
- Refrain from testing following a known exposure, if asymptomatic, with some exceptions for specific settings
- Refrain from quarantine following a known exposure if asymptomatic
- Refrain from routine screening testing if feasible
For now, fully vaccinated people should continue to:
- Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- Follow CDC and health department travel requirements and recommendations
Updated Covid-19 Policies
As of May 25, in response to the most recent CDC’s recommendations for fully vaccinated people, masks are no longer required at WCT, and are optional. We want our patrons who are most comfortable wearing face coverings to continue to do so and we will continue to have masks available at our concession counter, though they are no longer mandatory.
Patrons are instructed to stay home if not feeling well. Please take care of one another.
Doors to building will open 45 minutes before show starts. We encourage all patrons to use hand sanitizer provided by the theatre upon entrance.
Patrons will find social distance markings in lobby and hallways – these are now a suggestion, not a requirement.
Will-call will be available on the left at the concession counter.
Coat check will not be available, please bring personal items into the theatre.
The Box Office, concessions, and bar will continue to feature glass, plastic, or plexiglass barriers.
Ushers will continue contactless ticket protocol, utilizing wall-mounted seating charts.
Programs will continue to be recyclable but not reusable.
High-touch surfaces including armrests and door handles will continue to be cleaned on a regular basis with approved disinfectant.
Pre-show and post-show lobby gatherings will be limited to 10 minutes, to allow Event Staff to begin cleaning practices.
Additional guidelines may be added or removed as the situation evolves.